Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fun with Pets

I personally love animals. I guess that why I own two dogs, two cats, and am about to buy a Great Dane. I have always loved animals even as a little girl. As you can see in the pictures, my pets are a big part of the family. I have always treated them as my children. My husband loves our pets just as much s I do and I guess that's why we have so many. If I had the money and a bigger place I would run an animal rescue. I think it is horrible when animals are put down because the shelters are too full. This is a great reason why people should spay or neuter their pets. It is your responsibility as a pet owner to find puppies and kittens a home. It's not good to just dump them off somewhere where they are hungry and don't have a chance to really survive. It makes me sick to see people do this. I have to say that I adopted the majority of my pets. Weasel is a Manchester terrier/mini pin mix that I took in fr a lady in town 4 years ago. She is my baby. I adopted Paco the Pomeranian from my sister. Tex, my gray tabby showed up one day at my old house. He was only around four weeks old. Crackerjack is my Himalayan mix that my old cat birthed. My mom now owns his mother, Kitty, which I had adopted from a friend. Also at my house I have my mother-in-law's dog, Sara. She actually just had a little girl puppy last week too. As you can see I am not animal poor. Now we are getting a Great Dane from my husband's boss. They actually breed them, and no this is not a puppy mill! I am fully against puppy mills and anyone that has one, you are sick people! This is my stand and one thing I am very passionate about. I also think that cruelty to animals is one of the worst things people can do. How many of you agree with me? Feel free to comment on my post.

No comments: